(Fall 2024) Co-Op - T MS Lines (Power Delivery)
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Hybrid
Legal Entity: Entergy Mississippi, LLC
“Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.”
Entergy’s Transmission Department will hire an intern studying Electrical, Mechanical and/or Civil Engineering that are in their 3rd or 4th year of school or enrolled in graduate studies with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Assisting engineers in day to day activities including:
- Performing project scoping and site visits
- Review of Transmission Line encroachments
- Preparing operational one-line drawings
- Management of the network model and deployment of facility rating changes
- Creation of a more detailed model used to improve the State Estimator
- Validate estimating prices and equipment units, ensuring material is properly ordered and staged for upcoming projects
- Managing projects that are in construction
- Completion of as-built documentation
- Participate in weekly planning coordination calls
- Work on special projects to assist in improving grid reliability
- Responding to equipment failures
- NERC Clearance Remediation
- Transmission Line database management
- Support of Business Analyst processes within Project Controls through data mining and reporting, as well as performing a wide variety of detailed engineering analysis in transmission-related areas such as planning, economic analysis, maintenance, design, project management and construction, and operations
- Travel is required for the position
- Seeking Electrical, Mechanical, and Civil engineering majors to work full time during the designated semesters.
- Must be currently enrolled in school full-time, pursuing a bachelor’s degree as indicated above, and enrolled in sophomore year or beyond.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Primary Location: Mississippi-Madison Mississippi : Madison
Job Function: Students / Early Careers
Relocation Option: Level III
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 113901
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the EEI page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.