Outage Superintendent - Power Plant
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Onsite
Legal Entity: Entergy Services, LLC
**The location is positioned in Jackson, MS area or New Orleans, LA area**
Develops long range outage plans and budgets within the Engineering Technical Services East service territory. Work with plant teams assistance, executes planned outages and large capital projects for units located in our service territory, supports the Condition Based Outage / Equipment Condition Document process, and project management as needed at assigned plants. This position can be asked to manage outages in multiple states / locations dependent upon forecasted planned outage spending or need in the four-state area.
- Oversees long range and detailed planning and execution of fossil unit outages working with Plant Sites.
- Manages scope, cost, schedule, risk and safety processes for outage scopes of work following Power Generation’s Outage Planning Process (OPP) process.
- Interfaces with Plant Management personnel to communicate and drive to resolution of key issues impacting project / outage.
- Coaches project managers as necessary to deliver expected financial, safety and schedule results.
- Understands, negotiates, and influences contract language for vendors / contractors to protect Entergy's best interest.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or in related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have 5 or more years of large project management relevant experience
- Must have 5 years of power plant maintenance related experience and must have 2 years of demonstrated experience in a technical management leadership role
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Power plant major component repair; AIMM (work management system) knowledge
- Supply Chain and Accounting policies and procedures
- EH&S policy knowledge
- Compliance standards, especially NERC and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Knowledge of industry standards related to modification of plant components and engineering standards
- Condition Based Outage process requirements
- Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6
- ASME codes applicable to large power boilers and steam piping
Any certificates, licenses, etc.:
- As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
- Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson Mississippi : Jackson || Louisiana : New Orleans
Job Function: Power Plant Operations
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 113404
Travel Percentage:25% to 50%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the EEI page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.