Business Finance Specialist - Vendor Contracts (Power Generation)
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Onsite
Legal Entity: Entergy Mississippi, LLC
At Entergy, we’ve been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We’ve experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight, and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas. We are leading the clean energy transformation for the utility industry and continue to explore alternative technologies.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, cleaner, and more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way. We’ve committed over the next three decades to reduce our carbon emissions from our operations to net-zero by 2050.
Entergy’s Power Generation group operates a fleet of more than 30 owned, leased, or operated natural gas, coal, oil hydro, solar and petroleum coke plants, with a total engineering capacity exceeding 20,000 megawatts. Entergy continues to build or acquire megawatts from new hydrogen capable natural gas units, solar, wind and other technologies complement its existing megawatts of nuclear, natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric, and solar facilities.
* This position will be filled as a Contract Support Specialist or Contract Support Specialist, Sr. based on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate. *
* This position supports the Hinds (Jackson, MS) and Attala (Sallis, MS) locations with a requirement to travel to both jobsites. The position may be domiciled in either location with a preference for the Hinds/Jackson location. *
Serve as the plant site(s) project contract specialist playing a key role from inception to close-out of projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: quality control and oversight of projects (which may amount to 500+ contracts per year) per terms of contract; determining applicability and timing of certain payments, performing contract manager accrual/fixed asset responsibilities, performing analytical functions, providing monthly accrual, analytical and other project tracking as required by management.
- Plays key role in quality control and oversight of projects per terms of the contract, making determinations on scope of work performed versus initial contract and determining applicability and timing of large payments (which could have an impact on payments for liquidated damages according to contractual agreement, e.g. up to $50,000/day or greater for either party for large scale projects)
- In execution of duties, can verbally commit company to contractor for unplanned services (e.g. additional work related to discovery or emergency work), subject to a follow-up written contractual commitment or amendment
- Serves in an integral role in planning and execution of contract agreement for projects
- Represents company with contractor in respect to the confirmation of the scope and terms of contract at start of job; monitors onsite verification of milestones and completion of job scope per terms of contract
- Responsible for responses to requests for project-specific detail (such as work scope).
- Performs contract manager accrual responsibilities according to the company policies and SOX requirements, recognizing that failure to comply could result in significant Sarbanes Oxley violations
- Has primary responsibility for accruing all contract work that meets the set accrual threshold
- Serves in key role for resolution of accrual issues
- Provides explanations regarding project-specific spending
- Works with management in regard to the fixed asset reporting requirements for the site to ensure compliance
- Provides accurate monthly reports to plant management or other appropriate parties
- Executes quality control analysis to ensure accuracy and rationale
- Provides full range of contract administration actions for assigned projects including reviewing contracts, performing analyses and providing all accrual/fixed asset data, and making determinations on how to best resolve any issues
- Ensures contract compliance relating to all financial transactions
- Responsible for resolving process failures that touch Entergy contracts to ensure the accurate administration and governance of executed projects at the applicable Entergy fossil plant or units; works with various personnel and groups within Entergy (Accounts Payable, Budget Coordinator and Supply Chain) to resolve various issues with payments, contracts, and the budget
- Interacts with procurement and financial personnel throughout the organization to understand issues and perform required analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field required or equivalent related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Contract Support Specialist: at least 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Contract Support Specialist, Sr.: at least 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Familiarity with power plant industry or other industrial setting with projects performed by contractors and understanding of oversight of such projects
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to learn and understand equipment terminology and operations principles related to a power generation facility
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge required of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and capability in utilizing or learning to use Entergy system applications
- Must be proficient in or be able to learn business unit billing systems, have good knowledge of or be able to acquire knowledge of rates, regulations, programs and payments options, and understand business processes related to regulated companies
- Must have the ability to resolve process failures from several groups that touch Entergy Contracts and be a responsible member of a team that ensures the accurate administration and governance of executed projects of Entergy's Fossil Plants
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, goal oriented, organized and able to manage multiple tasks with little or no supervision
- Good analytical skills required
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated understanding and appreciation of Entergy's safe work practices
- Understand or be able to learn Entergy's Procurement and Financial regulations and programs and payment options
- Understand or be able to learn business processes related to Entergy's regulated companies
Any Certificates, Licenses, etc.:
*** Please Note: When hired, this position title will be titled "Contract Support Spec (FOS)" or "Contract Support Spec(FOS), Sr." ***
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson Mississippi : Jackson || Mississippi : Sallis
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: [[customString3]]
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: [[customString5]]
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 113363
Travel Percentage:25% to 50%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the EEI page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.