Project Manager Sr (TPM&C)
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Hybrid
Legal Entity: Entergy Services, LLC
*This position will preferably be domiciled in Jackson, Mississippi, but Little Rock, AR; Baton Rouge, LA; New Orleans, LA; Beaumont or The Woodlands, TX may be considered.*
The Project Development - Transmission (PD-T) Senior Project Manager (SPM) is a team member within the Project and Portfolio Development section of Power Delivery. Primary responsibility includes lead Project Management responsibility during early life cycle development of Transmission capital projects involving all operating companies. Project types include but are not limited to new or modified substations, protection and control, and transmission lines, transmission generator interconnects, transmission facility relocations or other modifications, transmission asset acquisitions, legacy telecom attachments, etc.
The SPM is responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of capital projects with adherence to the Stage Gate Lite, Stage Gate, ESAAP and other applicable processes. The responsibilities require the SPM to work closely with cross-functional, matrixed departments to define project objectives and business case justification, develop proposed solutions / alternatives and otherwise establish a solid foundation by which the project can be successfully executed. Specifically, the output of the engagement between the SPM and the functional department Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) is to develop detailed project scopes, establish accurate cost estimates, milestone schedules, identify constraints / risks and document and effectively communicate the applicable Stage Gate deliverables through the appropriate approval channels.
The SPM is also responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of customer and/or external requests that may led to projects. In addition to the typical internal stakeholder engagements, these projects include direct coordination with interconnection customers (IC), independent system operators (i.e. MISO), or other external Customers to discuss conceptual scopes, initiate contractual agreements, establish billing / invoicing, develop facility studies and/or complete other project deliverables that are required before a project becomes fully initiated and may administrative tasks that persist through project close-out in close partnership with Project Delivery.
- Lead a team of project stakeholders through the early stages of the project development cycle (Stages 1 – 2) to effectively complete the required project deliverables all whilst adhering to the SG/SG-L processes and within the required timelines.
- Engage and support matrix departments including Transmission and Distribution Planning, Grid / Asset Management, Resiliency, Project Management and Engineering, Project Controls, Construction, Environmental, ROW, Telecom etc.
- Develop project scopes, milestone schedules, cost estimates, constraint / risk identification and corresponding mitigation plans, outage requirements and construction sequencing.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for assigned projects such that the stakeholders are provided an inclusive platform to collaborate and otherwise develop projects.
- Ensure that follow-up items and/or critical decisions are driven to closure and documented with appropriate incorporation into the initial project execution plan.
- Effectively communicate the project deliverables to the appropriate approval levels, as specified by the SG/SG-L processes. Lead the required Stage Gate review / approval meetings with the gate approvers that may include executive level management or corporate risk review SMEs.
- Schedule and facilitate all meetings with the relevant project stakeholders required to complete the assigned project deliverables. This includes Jurisdictional Expert Team (JET) meetings with functional SMEs, Stage Gate review / approval meetings with gate approvers, project handover meetings with the execution organization(s), impromptu project discussions, etc.
- Serve as the company representative when interfacing with external entities and/or customers on project-related matters. Such entities may include interconnection customers (IC), independent system operators (MISO), telecommunications customers, governmental agencies, wholesale, and retail customers.
- Initiate and administer various contracts and project agreements with external customers and contractors to develop projects that may impact the Transmission system. This includes but is not limited to facility study, relocation, general reimbursement, lease and other general project agreements.
- Perform ongoing billing specialist duties including creation and maintenance of applicable billing accounts that facilitate the execution of any applicable contracts. This involves timely invoicing per executed contracts (i.e. collection of pre-payments, milestone payment schedules, facility study deposits, etc.), ensuring timely payment receipt with proper application to specific project codes and ensuring timely account closure at completion of project.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field or equivalent work experience (detailed below).
- 5+ years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, or the utility industry.
- Preferred: 7+ years of Project Managements, Construction Management, or Engineering,
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits an unwavering commitment to a strong safety culture
- Requires a solid understanding of the organization's business operations and industry
- Possesses strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent planning and organizational skills
- Able to lead large, multi-disciplinary teams to timely meet objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel & Outlook, Power Point)
- Knowledge or experience with MISO’s interconnection (DPP) process.
- Knowledge or experience with Stage Gate Lite and Stage Gate processes.
Any Certificates, Licenses, Etc.:
- Preferred: PE and/or PMP Certification.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson Mississippi : Jackson || Arkansas : Little Rock || Louisiana : Baton Rouge || Louisiana : New Orleans || Texas : Beaumont || Texas : The Woodlands
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 113357
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the EEI page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.