Engineer - Transmission Economic Planning
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Hybrid
Legal Entity: Entergy Services, Inc.-ESI (OLD)
*This position will be filled as an Engineer I, II, III, or Sr based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.*
Transmission Planning Engineers are responsible for developing long-term transmission plans that provide value to Entergy stakeholders. The long-term transmission plan ensures Entergy’s transmission grid operates efficiently and remains compliant with applicable NERC Standards. The Transmission Planning Engineer will support a variety of internal planning activities and may participate on NERC, SERC or RTO committees as required. The Transmission Planning Engineer provides technical guidance to regulatory support, economic development, system planning, design, project management and construction in the development of transmission projects for the Entergy system.
- Uses engineering principles, best practices, and knowledge of internal and external business issues to solve problems, develop cost-effective, technically sound solutions, and improve products or services
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles in evaluating the transmission grid, making decisions, and interpreting applicable electrical codes, procedures, standards, processes, and policies
- Supports activities to comply with applicable industry standards (i.e., NERC, SERC) and other utility regulations
- Works with other disciplines within the Transmission organization and other business units to achieve stakeholder centric solutions
- Utilize various power system software packages (Steady State, Stability and/or Electric Market Analysis) to evaluate the performance of the transmission grid
- Assist with storm/emergency restoration efforts as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, or Industrial) from a four-year accredited institution
- Degrees in Engineering Technology (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, or Industrial) from a four-year accredited institution with PE may be considered
- Preferred: Electrical Engineering Degree
- Engineer I: 0 - 2 years of experience in an engineering discipline
- Engineer II: 2 - 4 years of experience in an engineering discipline
- Engineer III: 4 - 6 years of experience in an engineering discipline
- Engineer Sr.: 6+ years of experience in an engineering discipline
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical mastery of engineering principles
- Consistently drives for value in sound engineering decisions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Personal Computer operations and related software
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Required to work safely and follow all Entergy safety policies and procedures
- Ability to recognize and mitigate hazards in the workplace
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and the ability to enact change
Any Certificates, Licenses, etc.:
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson Mississippi : Jackson
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 113385
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the EEO page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.