Project Manager (Utilities - Transmission)
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Hybrid
Legal Entity: Entergy Mississippi, LLC
*This position will be filled in Flora, MS at the Flora Transmission Office.**
Manages Grid capital project portfolio and individual projects that are typically less than $5M. Works directly with Construction Engineers, Work Management Supervisor, and Operations Coordinators to ensure projects are estimated and delivered effectivly. Identifies, manages, and mitigates project risks. Manages the development and delivery of Grid Reliability capital project plans and focuses on the achievement of project cost and schedule objectives while achieving excellence in the areas of project safety and quality. Provides support to Project Team members throughout the project lifecycle. Works closely with business unit contractor representatives to achieve capital project objectives.
- Promotes safe behavior and adherence to the safety rules on the project. Leads the project team to establish leading indicators and proactive requirements to ensure safety is considered in all aspects of design and implementation for contractors, Entergy project team members, and the end user. Ensures contract scope of work includes safety deliverables/requirements as needed.
- Defines the project organization structure required for the project and identifies the technical skills required to achieve project goals. Works with the appropriate Entergy management to assignment appropriately skilled individuals to the Project Team. Prepares contract and approves requisitions, change orders, etc. and process invoices.
- Leads the project team to develop and execute a Project Portfolio in accordance with the applicable corporate standards, guidelines, policies and processes. Ensures that team members fulfill the responsibilities as required of their roles. Navigates the project through associated deliverables (estimates, schedules, contracting, deliverables, etc.). Oversees the project team in the development of project deliverables. Coordinates the activities of project stakeholders and working groups engaged in project work.
- Develops and maintains the Project Portfolio in coordination with Asset Management and execute the projects in adherence with this plan. Establishes and maintains project documentation. Coordinates the efforts of all project participants, including consultants and contractors.
- Provides clear, timely and accurate project status reports for management. Prepares reports and presentations to management. Prepares and issues status reports as needed. Identifies, makes timely decisions and takes prompt action on project issues that could impact project performance. Promptly communicates issues to the next level of leadership that are outside the authority or capability to resolve.
- Coordinates with all functional departments as required to achieve the requirements of the applicable corporate standards and to achieve project budget and timeline including Distribution Planning, Capital Projects, Supply Chain, and OpCo leadership
- Manages creation, tracking, and closure of all planned and failure work orders in Maximo and PowerPlan
Minimum education required of the position
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum experience required of the position
- 0-5 years experience in Distribution, Substation or Transmission required.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
- History of safe performance, active safety involvement and participation and strong desire for a safer workplace. Experience in new ROW acquisition procedures for new line construction. Strong Negotiation, Interpersonal & Group Communication skills. Strong Planning\Organization\Time Management skills. Knowledge of Transmission Line or Substation Design Standards and Construction & Maintenance practices. Strong Computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel & Outlook, Power Point).
Any certificates, licenses, etc., required for the position
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties
Primary Location: Mississippi-Flora Mississippi : Flora
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NBU NON BARGAINING UNIT
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 113342
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the EEI page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.