IT Field Services Tech
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Onsite
Legal Entity: Entergy Services, LLC
*This position may be filled as an IT Field Services Tech 1, 2, or Sr based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.*
Function as a technical lead and a team member of the Workplace Services team providing on-site technical support to sites throughout the assigned Entergy territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral or collaboration equipment.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware, collaboration equipment and computer peripherals.
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment, etc.
- Support users on applications and tools within the environment including MS Office, Windows, WebEx.
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Provide White-Glove concierge level customer experience supporting internal employees directly.
- Provide training to end users on how to operate the equipment as requested.
- Assist with user data and application recovery. Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and workstation hardware/software.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues including remote access, Wi-Fi, wired, and cellular connectivity.
- Support mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).
- Conduct routine or on-demand health checks of IT Systems including PCs, printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and video equipment. Provide related reports as needed.
- Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Conduct routine or as requested health check of IT systems for printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and video conference equipment and providing reports as needed.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
- Return defective equipment/parts, document customer repairs, maintain and restock assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels.
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred.
- Management Information Systems, Finance, Computer Science, or other technical area of study preferred.
- IT Field Services Tech 1: 0+ years of experience in field technical support, desktop support or in a related area.
- IT Field Services Tech 2: 2+ years of experience in field technical support, desktop support or in a related area.
- IT Field Services Tech Sr: 4+ years of experience in field technical support, desktop support or in a related area.
- Specific and direct experience with at least one ticketing system (Service Now, Remedy, HEAT, etc.).
- Experience in providing excellent customer service to end users.
- Familiarity with business operations and best in class technology landscape.
- Experience in end user computing stakeholder and escalation management.
- Experience with a variety of field service concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent technical knowledge of and experience troubleshooting workstation (desktop/laptop) hardware.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft tool suite.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to create and articulate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to work effectively with teams and resources in a multi-location, cross-functional, network/matrix environment.
- Ability to leverage continuous improvement practices to provide sustainable value to internal/external customers.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Working knowledge of video collaboration tools (Video Conferencing, Webex, Microsoft Teams, Zoom).
- Readiness for 24/7 on-call when needed.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson Mississippi : Jackson
Job Function: Skilled / Craft
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 112829
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click hereto view the EEO page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.