Site Procurement Specialist I-Sr
Posting End Date: 09/23/2021
Work Place Flexibility: Hybrid
Legal Entity: Entergy Operations, Inc.-EOI
This position will be filled as Site Procurement Specialist I, II, III, or Sr and the level will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
The Supply Chain (SC) organizational model for embedding procurement specialists at a site(s) varies from business unit to business unit (e.g., Nuclear to Power Generation). The foundational SC knowledge and skills required for the position are the same regardless of business unit affiliation. The primary difference in the procurement specialist role between business units’ site(s) is the additional level of operating processes, practices, standards and procedures required at Nuclear sites.
The specialist ensures all site(s) procurement activities are coordinated with other SC departments to generate maximum value and efficiency for Entergy. The key SC interfaces for this role are Category Management, Central Procurement Group (CPG), Central Contracting Group (CCG), Procurement Engineering, Supplier Diversity, Warehousing and Inventory Management (WIL), and Capital Projects and Decommissioning. The key stakeholder also interfaces for the procurement specialist role within nuclear are Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Projects and Production.
The specialist will develop an understanding of how the site(s) optimally places its demand plan into the relevant marketplace and/or by collaborating with other SC departments, such as Central Procurement Group, Category Management and WIL. These duties shall be performed in a manner that ensures services and materials are obtained in the most cost effective, efficient, and strategic method with strict adherence to Entergy’s policies, procedures, and core values.
- Actively promote strong safety behaviors and ensure the team always puts safety first;
- Utilize key tools, programs, and proactive field visits to assure standards and behaviors;
- Monitor and influence suppliers to proactively identify any safety concerns.
- Perform storm role duties as assigned through the Storm Assignment Management System (SAMS) and/or the nuclear Emergency Response Organization (ERO)
- Perform Nuclear Supply Chain Duty on Call.
- Conduct business site(s) needs assessments to determine customer requirements; attend site (s) weekly plant lead team meetings where appropriate;
- Perform insightful market and financial analyses to determine potential business risk associated with a supplier or contract; coordinate with Credit Risk as required;
- Apply the principles and practices of commercial management (plan, strategize, source and perform);
- Pre-award contract development and post-award contract administration; create and lead the RFx bid process; develop negotiation strategies, optimal pricing methodology, establish KPIs;
- Process materials’ RFQs. Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure all specifications, material descriptions, schedule requirements, and quality and quantity requirements are clearly defined and accurate;
- Create Purchase Orders for execution and issuance, tracking of order status, and expediting when required;
- Identify and evaluate new and current sources of supply, including small, local and diverse suppliers, to ensure the most competitive and advantageous offering to Entergy;
- Resolve invoice mismatches for Over, Short, Damaged, or Discrepant issues, etc.;
- Work with Legal and Tax to insure deviations from standard contract/purchase order language are within Entergy’s legal and risk tolerance levels, and are approved and documented;
- Ensure Nuclear Safety Related suppliers are active and approved for use for the requested materials on the Quality Supplier List (QSL);
- Ensure requested material has been reviewed by the appropriate Engineering personnel to ensure purchases will meet all applicable site and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver and document savings through competitive bidding, direct negotiations, cost avoidance, etc.
Process and Reporting Compliance:
- Ensure all requirements for savings, diversity, document retention, bidding, contractor safety and other areas of compliance are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure SC is addressing contractual needs pro-actively and in the most beneficial way for Entergy;
- Work with stakeholders to analyze and develop company position on claims and disputes;
- Establish/maintain relationships with suppliers/partners, based on the ethical business practices as set forth in the Standards of Conduct and Integrity and Entergy's SC Polices.
- Act as a central point of contact with stakeholders and suppliers
- Maintain open communications between suppliers, stakeholders and within SC to ensure that prompt, thorough, accurate, pertinent and complete information is provided.
Minimum education and experience required of the position
Site Procurement Specialist I:
- Associate’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering, Legal, or other related discipline OR in lieu of a degree, minimum 2 years of material purchasing, supplier contracting, vendor management, or other related supply chain experience
Site Procurement Specialist II:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering, Legal, or other related discipline and minimum 2+ years of combined material purchasing, supplier contracting, vendor management, or other related supply chain experience OR in lieu of a degree, minimum 6+ years of material purchasing, supplier contracting, vendor management, or other related supply chain experience
Site Procurement Specialist III:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering, Legal, or other related discipline and minimum 5+ years of combined material purchasing, supplier contracting, vendor management, or other related supply chain experience OR in lieu of a degree, minimum 8+ years of material purchasing, supplier contracting, vendor management, or other related supply chain experience
- Minimum 2+ years of energy industry supply chain experience or other/equivalent experience is preferred
Site Procurement Specialist Sr:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering, Legal, or other related discipline and minimum 9+ years of combined material purchasing, supplier contracting, vendor management, or other related supply chain experience OR in lieu of a degree, minimum 13+ years of material purchasing, supplier contracting, vendor management, or other related supply chain experience
- Minimum 3+ years of energy industry supply chain experience or other/equivalent experience is preferred
Knowledge/Skills required of the position
- Customer’s key business drivers, objectives and budgets
- Business and SC operations within Entergy; including how Entergy buys and pays (HEBAP)
- Demand planning for a business site(s)
- Commercial management processes (plan, strategy, source and perform)
- The tools and concepts to understand market conditions
- Supplier diversity
- The need, basis and application of supplier negotiation strategies
- Pre-award/post-award contract management tools and processes
- The Entergy contract management system and sourcing tools
- Defined governance and delegations of authority
- Entergy’s end-to-end purchasing process from material requisition through purchase order (PO) placement and confirmation (expediting), to PO changes and close out
- Negotiation of simple contracts (one-offs, routine service requirements) under supervision
- Buying actions and negotiation of simple purchase orders
- Invoice resolution actions for PO’s placed; escalation of exceptions
- Source to settlement electronic platform/system to complete purchasing activities
- Document management and control standards
- Basic knowledge and understanding of warehouse practices to include receiving, issuing and UTC assignment
- Basic knowledge and understanding of documents, drawings, technical specifications associated with material procurements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Corrective Action Process. (Nuclear)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Engineering and commercial dedication process (Nuclear)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects; deliver on schedule
- Basic application of analytical skills and tools to make fact-based decisions; aware of data sources
- Capable of clear and concise communications, written and oral, with all stakeholders
- Ability to resolve conflicts without damaging relationships
- Ability to build relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders
Primary Location: Mississippi-Port Gibson Mississippi : Port Gibson
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 112758
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click hereto navigate to EEO page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and Pre-employment Testing: of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, numberLogon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words). Travel expenses incurred in connection with EEI testing are non-reimbursable.
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.