Business Analyst - Technical
This position bridges the communication between market needs and the development teams to design and guide development of CPSI company applications. This requires the ability to evaluate market requirements and translate them into functional and design specifications. This role provides both business and technical expertise to support the analysis, design, and specification activities and deliverables for product development.
These Goals and objectives are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. Goals and objectives are subject to change.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
This opening is with one of our technical teams so knowledge and/or experience with interfaces and other technical components will be weighted heavily.
Essential Functions: In addition to working as prescribed in our Performance Factors, specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Basic to enhanced understanding of industry and company’s product.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and document requirements with minimal to no guidance from others.
- Ability to work with engineers, QA and other team members.
- Ability to participate in scrum ceremonies.
- May need guidance from others to complete tasks.
- Acquires and applies BA knowledge.
- Basic system requirement identification and documentation analysis.
- May participate in story acceptance testing.
- Effectively participates in scrum ceremonies.
- Provides feedback to developers on requirement questions.
- Effectively communicates within team.
- May participate in feature knowledge transfer
- Research and analyze new technologies and recommend appropriate solutions
- Develop and communicate technical requirements
- Identify, validate, and mitigate technology risks
- Read and interpret specifications from other vendors and regulatory bodies
- Capable of working with Product Management or Product Owners on defining business needs, process workflows, current and future initiatives.
- Coordinates with Scrum Master on backlog grooming and prioritization with assistance from Product Manager as needed.
- Actively engages client involvement as external stakeholders through development to general availability.
- Transitions feature knowledge (internally and externally).
- Work experience in a technical support role
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow through on issues to resolution.
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team member.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of interfaces, HL7, FHIR, Commonwell, Health Information Exchanges, etc is highly desired
- Experience with Mirth Connect
- Broad technical background and willingness to jump in and learn
- Subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in program of study appropriate for domain or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 5 years of business analysis or similar experience.
- Experience working with business processes and re-engineering.
- Knowledge of healthcare based applications, especially Thrive or other EHRs
- Experience with enterprise software vendors (such as: McKesson, Cerner, SAP, Oracle) preferred.
- Experience working with computer programming concepts.
- Experience working with the interfacing/middleware technology.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving collaborative environment.