Senior Partner Marketing Manager, Energy , Industry Partner Marketing
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly capable, self-directed Senior Partner Marketing Manager, to help drive customer adoption of AWS’s Cloud Services through our community of Energy partners. If you have an interest in the cloud, enjoy helping partners reach their full potential, and are an expert in designing and implementing programs at scale with Oil and Gas and Power and Utilities partners - then we’re looking for you.
AWS gives customers secure, scalable, global cloud infrastructure while paying only for what they use. Scaling through partners is a key part of how we help customers move to cloud services that power strategic workloads. AWS Energy supports customers across the value chain to develop and produce more energy, distribute it in a reliable and secure manner, reduce cost and risk, and decarbonize. In the Senior Partner Marketing Manager, Energy role, you will develop a deep understanding of AWS Partners and energy priorities to define and execute a global partner marketing plan in support of growth objectives. You will build and deliver partner marketing messaging, collateral and thought leadership content, awareness activities, demand generation programs and event strategy that enable energy partners to acquire new customers, retain and grow existing customers, and deliver revenue growth of AWS services. You will monitor, manage, and support utilization of marketing development funds (MDF) and develop metrics to link ROI to spend activity. You will act as the primary marketing contact for technology partners worldwide and collaborate with consulting partners where they can advance your initiatives.
This role requires strong collaboration and relationship-building skills as you will need to partner with extended Energy Marketing Teams, Global and Regional Partner Marketing Teams and the Partner Organization to execute partner marketing programs worldwide. You will be the voice of these partners to various internal stakeholders and will share best practices across regions. In addition, you may also be required to manage outside vendors to execute programs and achieve goals.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, incredibly fast-growing business. The ideal candidate will have creative marketing ideas to combine with extensive analytic and data-driven customer demand generation experience. Relentless focus on the end-customer, passion for building and running marketing enablement programs at scale, ability to effectively communicate with some of the most agile technology companies in the industry, including both technical and non-technical audiences, is critical. You should be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
Key job responsibilities
· Collaborate with global partner leadership, marketing, and field partner marketing to identify priorities, focus partner marketing initiatives and success metrics.
· Develop and execute best-in-class marketing plans and programs that can be leveraged across different partner tiers to effectively drive end-customer awareness and adoption of partner solutions.
· Craft and refine our message to the Energy industry through partners and work closely with top AWS Partners to build joint value proposition messaging and content, including blog posts, webinars, events, whitepapers, ebooks, digital assets, and other campaign materials.
· Build detailed campaign project plans, including campaign goals, messaging, call to action, marketing distribution channels, follow-up activities, and success metric tracking.
· Work closely with the Energy Partner Segment and Business Development leaders to identify priorities and partner marketing initiatives for global execution or regional delivery and local activation.
· Develop event strategy, success criteria, and metrics for AWS participation in industry and partner events.
· Act as the industry subject matter expert for strategic Energy technology partners and advocate for their inclusion in programs across AWS that provide mutual benefit.
About the team
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | Houston, TX, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 6+ years of relevant work experience marketing software solutions to the Energy industry (partner marketing, product marketing, and demand generation in high-technology companies)
- 5+ years of experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing strategies and programs with partners globally
- 5+ years of experience with reporting tools (Workfront, Anaplan, Salesforce, Airtable) demonstrating ability to use data and metrics to drive improvements and to present information in a consistent and professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
- Expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing with and through the partner ecosystem
- Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services required; enterprise software experience preferred
- Ability to craft impactful messaging that captures the attention of the C-Suite and compels engagement with AWS and our partners
- Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn, and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Experience designing and executing joint marketing plans with strategic alliance partners with global footprint
- Demonstrated experience juggling multiple priorities, successful time management, and balancing competing priorities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $94,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.