Senior Director Finance
About Ocean Aero:
Ocean Aero is an award-winning US company that has created the world’s first and only environmentally powered Autonomous Underwater and Surface Vehicle (AUSV.) Ocean Aero’s autonomous marine robot, the Triton, operates exclusively on wind and solar energy and performs long endurance missions on the ocean surface with the ability to dive below the waves for underwater operations. The Triton uses a complex array of custom-built sensors, marinized electronics and software systems to operate, sense and communicate in the environment.
The Senior Director, Finance will lead the Finance function and operations for the Ocean Aero business. The Senior Director will lead financial planning & analysis, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, tax, and financial reporting, as well as support Senior Leadership on Cash Flow Management. He/she will partner closely with the CEO and Chief of Staff to optimize cash allocation and utilization to meet the strategic objectives of the business. The Senior Director, Finance will report directly to the Chief of Staff of Ocean Aero.
- Lead financial planning & analysis, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, tax, and financial reporting across the Ocean Aero business.
- Support Senior Leadership on Cash Flow Management for the Ocean Aero business, including monitoring of daily cash position (sources & uses) to inform cash utilization to achieve business objectives.
- Lead tracking of Orders / Sales / Backlog on a weekly basis
- Prepare and present regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly) financial forecasts and actual performance vs. forecast.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reporting, including balance sheet & income statements
- Manage daily financial bookkeeping through Quickbooks.
- Ensure appropriate accounting standards are adhered to and financial reports filed in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal acquisition regulations (FAR), and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Organize and lead accounts payable to ensure timely cash management with vendors.
- Lead engagement with external auditors for reviews of financial statements.
- Lead engagement with insurance providers to ensure appropriate coverage across the business.
- Lead management and tracking of the Cap Table for Ocean Aero.
- Develop and implement the essential operating systems and processes to optimize the financial business of the company.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred.
- At least eight years of experience in the financial function of a company.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial practices.
- Strong knowledge of Commercial Finance, including Orders / Sales / Backlog management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial, tax, and legal best practices and requirements with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership.
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of finance and administration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience in leadership, problem-solving, performing analysis and making trade-off decisions, and achieving program and business goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
- US Government position. US Citizenship required.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Masters Degree and/or Certified Public Accountant status highly desired.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Government accounting.
- Ability to obtain a DoD US Secret Clearance.