Engineer - Power Generation Plant (Utilities)
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Onsite
Legal Entity: Entergy Services, LLC
* This position can be filled by an Engineer I, II, III, or Senior based on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate. *
Provide engineering and technical oversight in the various Power Generation Plants within the Eastern Region (Mississippi/New Orleans Plants) of the Engineering & Technical Support (ETS) Group.
- Provide guidance and support to plant staff to help ensure compliance related tasks are performed as prescribed in Power Generation plant modification process
- Champion of Causal Analysis/ Lead and assist in causal analysis of plant component failures, environmental and NERC compliance related items, and operational events as requested
- Conduct project management and technical oversight as needed
- Coordinate and execute betterment capital and O&M projects, interface with plant production and maintenance, project personnel, and other stake holders
- Ensure plant modification process is followed on projects
- Provide project and maintenance troubleshooting of equipment to address issues in a timely manner
- Provide oversight of engineering activities of external firms, including development of work scopes, and solicitation and evaluation of proposals, project planning and controls, review of deliverables, installation support, and start-up assistance
- Assist plant on KPI criteria/ Improve plant processes, support plant staff in establishing action plans to close gaps, and track action plan progress through completion
- Support reliability process as needed and assist the plant maintaining their Equipment Condition Document (ECD) to assist with condition based outage needs
- Provide interface with equipment OEMs
The following responsibilities are not an exhaustive list but selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Follow the Outage Planning Process (OPP) and ensure the plant is updated regularly on current planning phase.
- Attend regularly scheduled outage meetings and update plant management and outage superintendents of project planning status.
- Attend monthly PE meetings and update project PEs with latest project estimates communicating any variances to plant leadership as soon as practical.
- Attend monthly accrual meetings and verify that project contracts are accurately accounted for in the plant accrual workbooks.
- Inform the plant of any ROP needs to adjust project funding as soon as possible and work the plant to allocate internal funding or develop a justification for the jurisdictional ROP meeting to secure necessary funding through the ROP process.
- Onsite during project work execution to preform Entergy Contact responsibilities and provide project supervision.
- Potential responsibility with PRC-005 testing, FAC-008 and support of MOD 24/25 testing dependent on skillset and need in Fleet
- B.S. degree in Engineering
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Engineer I: 0 – 2 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Engineer II: at least 2 – 4 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Engineer III: at least 4 – 6 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Engineer, Sr: at least 6 years of applicable and progressive experience
- Project management experience, contract management experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates good engineering judgment.
- Strong engineering analysis and problem-solving skills as required by the specific job
- Thorough understanding of procedures, programs, and standards in responsible area
Any Certificates, Licenses, etc.:
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson Mississippi : Jackson || Louisiana : New Orleans
Job Function: Engineering
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 113408
Travel Percentage:25% to 50%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the EEI page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.