Product Owner: Support Squad (Providing Care Unit)
Focus: Departmentals, EDIS, AMB, OR mgmt, tracking board, pref cards
Travel: Up to 50%
CPSI's EHR Acute care business is undergoing an Agile transformation. We are looking for a Product Owner who can maximizing the value delivered by the team and ensuring that the Team Backlog is aligned with customer and stakeholder needs. The Support squad is here to delight customers by resolving problems quickly, accurately and pleasantly.
Product Owners are accountable for defining the why, who, and what — why it is
worthwhile to develop a product, who the product is for, and what features the product should contain. Product owners own a product in its entirety; they have the final word on strategic and tactical product decisions. You are responsible for maintaining the product backlog and maximizing the value the product creates for the users, customers and business. This includes championing a vision, meeting with stakeholders and customers and knowing when to say no.
POs who are empowered, knowledgeable, empathetic, available and decisive will be successful at their role.
Who you are:
- Customer Delighter: As a product owner, you have to listen to what your stakeholders want, as well as anticipate customer needs.
- Storyteller: Be able to articulate what will transform that story into a product feature to delight the end user.
- Delegator: Create safety and accountability by delegating task/ceremony facilitation when possible.
- Knowledge Broker: Enable collaboration and empower the developers by finding the right people for them to talk to.
- Conflict Resolver: You have to have the courage and the capability to engage when things get difficult and be able to mediate to get to a solution.
- Effective Escalator: Be able to calmly and effectively provide feedback to Product Strategy and General Managers if you see goals that could fit together or not fit together, inside or outside of your unit.
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Full Covid - 19 vaccination status
The skills you bring:
Define the overall vision in partnership with Product Strategy and General Manager and take the vision of the product strategy and translate the work into user stories.
Work to implement those work items, which includes:
- Managing and prioritizing the backlog to ensure the product backlog is stocked with clearly expressed items that help reach the product goal
- Regularly updating and refining the backlog together with the squad
- Be a liaison between product and development, where needed – they help to explain and translate the how and why
- Collect feedback from users, customers, and stakeholders on the product increments
- Manage interdependencies between squad/team
- Enable collaboration, removing impediments to empower the squad to find solutions to move the work forward
- Take ownership of the work product and how it’s delivered. This includes being brave enough to have hard conversations, creating trust in the squad, calmly explaining impediments and being able to pivot at a moment’s notice
Why Join Our Team?
If you join us, you will receive:
- Work remotely with a work/life balance approach
- Robust benefits offering, including 401(k)
- Generous time off allotments
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Employer-paid short term disability and life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave